[Araucaria Dx] Radio amateur feminas 2024#128 yl.beam

Peter Sprengel petersprengel em hotmail.com
Sábado Maio 4 22:21:16 -03 2024

 radio amateur feminas
 yl.beam #128  may 2024

Contents
LU7EPT  Ana Paula Tessi,  activates 11 Argentian Mountain Peaks
OL88YL  YL-event  team .
Indonesian Women Special YL event  celebration
Silent Key Julia Canales CE2IPH
R1BIG  Raisa - Spreading the Joy of Radio Around the Globe
Contact & Calendar
*****
Australian Ladies Updates (extracts)
ALARA NEWSLETTER April 2024 Issue No. 189
May 6  ALARA AGM 2024 1030 UTC 2024
          on EchoLink ALARA Conference Station and 80 M 3.6325 MHz

Our intrepid yachtie DX member Jeanne VE0JS is enjoying a more leisurely sailing voyage around the globe – she’s cruising New Zealand, and is just back on board after a short visit by air to Australia as guest speaker at the annual Australian Women Who Sail ‘Gathering’ (like ALARAmeet for yachtie YLs!). She was joined by guest speaker Kay Cottee, the first Australian woman to sail solo around the world and I’ve seen them both referred to as “Sailing Royalty”. Lyn VK4SWE/VK4EI

Oceania DX Contest
The Oceania DX Contest Committee is pleased to announce that the results for the 2023 contest are now available. If you entered the contest in 2023, head on over to the contest website Oceania dxcontest.com<http://dxcontest.com/>  where you can see all of the results.
Congratulations to Misa JF1UOX who won the Austine Henry Award (World YL phone and cw single op) and Catherine VK7C who won the Florence McKenzie Award (Oceania YL phone and cw single op). These awards are sponsored by ALARA. Catherine also won the Australia phone YL single op award, sponsored by Diane VK4DI and Bill VK4ZD
This year’s contest will be held on October 5th and 12th respectively.
Linda VK7QP
ALARA em alara.org.au<mailto:ALARA em alara.org.au>
Tina VK5TMC ALARA Editor <alaranewsletter em gmail.com<mailto:alaranewsletter em gmail.com>>
****
[PAULA TESSI.jpg]
 LU7EPT  Ana Paula Tessi,  activates 11 Argentinian Mountain Peaks
 by Carlos Almirón LU7DSY 20 April 2024
Ana Paula Tessi (LU7EPT) in June, 2024  will celebrate three years in the world of amateur radio. She overflows with enthusiasm when she talks about  radio and  wishes she'd found the activity  sooner.
She joined the Radio Club San Nicolás LU1EY, where she did the course and, shortly after receiving her license, she began with an experienced group to activate SOTA (Summits on the Air). By the time she completed her first year she had activated six summits.
After confirming the last four activations, a few days ago, Ana Paula felt the need to share her experiences and thank those who helped her.
"our legs were finished, but we made it." We went to defend the SOTA Buenos Aires and we did it. I needed to prove to myself that training was worth it.  My face hurt from smiling so much and my belly from laughing; and the realization that there are millions of summits to reach; and most of all,  I needed to prove that I could  do it  And I made it.
It involved Team work:  My route partner LU3DPW Pablo;   LU9MZO Diego, the sherpa that pushed us to the limits. I cannot stop thanking LU5YEC Mauricio for my antenna that makes me love the 2 meter band more every day. Thanks also to Radio Club LU1EY, de San Nicolás de los Arroyos (B A) and the many radio fans who supported us.
****
 OL88YL - YL Event - Brno - Czech Republic 2024
Update:   7 April 2024    Eva Thiemann-Pospíšková
 Welcome ladies. Many thanks to OK5Z for hosting us.  OL88YL team below.
Mayumi JP3AYQ
Alena OK2APY
Martina OK1MAR
Arianna OK1ARI
Líba OK1LYL
Renata OK1GB
Chantal HB9FRC
Eva HB9FPM
Veronika HB9HBW
June LX2DU
Halina SQ6PLH
Merzuke TA7YLY
Linda G0AJJ
Margreet K2XYL
Siggi DK2YL
Janin DK1LJ
Johanna DJ5YL
Michaela DL1TM
Karin DO2OL
*****
[70ec5d94-701e-41fe-8384-9df7793f83b0.jpg]
Kartini Day   celebrates Indonesian Women
21 April, Indonesians commemorate Kartini’s Day. The focus is on the empowerment of women
Raden Adjeng Kartini was born  21st of April, 1879  and although she died at age 25, she is hailed as Indonesia’s first feminist. Her desire to see women freed from repressive laws and beliefs made her a heroine.

RA KARTINI AWARD IN 2024
In commemoration of RA Kartini's 145th Birthday Year 2024 and as a Communication Training Event for YL Members of Radio Indonesia Amateur Organization, the YL Community Section organized the RA KARTINI AWARD Special Event Station with Callsigns 8A145RA, 8A145KAR, 8A144TI, 8A145. Held from 20 to 22 April on all Bands and Modes. It was a popular activation with many YL participants.
YL Operators ORARI Daerah       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71T4kX3lEsw
ORARI YL Community   https://www.facebook.com/groups/1101584281266085
 *****
[Julia Canales CE2IPH.jpg]
Silent Key - Chile
  3 April 2024  Dear colleagues and friends,
With great regret and sadness, we announce the passing of Mrs. Julia Canales CE2IPH distinguished amateur radio enthusiast. Mrs July was a key figure and a founding partner in our CE2RSA Radio Club.
 This club is named after and in honour of, her late husband, Hugo Roa CE2HPQ.
We remember with gratitude the commitment and enthusiasm that Ms. Julia showed
 during the 1985 earthquake.  She and her husband opened the doors of their home to colleagues and coordinated communications with authorities and families affected by the disaster.
Her influence extended beyond our radio club, as she was also a director at the Federation of Radio Clubs of Chile (FEDERACHI), proudly representing radio fans in the province of San Antonio.
CE2RSA Radio Club Hugo Roa Santander de San Antonio    3 April, 2024
*****

 R1BIG  Raisa - Spreading the Joy of Radio Around the Globe
Amateur radio is a worldwide hobby, and Raisa Skryn- nikova, R1BIG, known as YL Raisa, has traveled far and wide. In addition to being licensed in Russia as R1BIG, Raisa is also licensed in Finland as OH7BG, and in Canada as VO1BIG. She was first exposed to the wonderful world of radio by way of an amateur radio direction finding contest, which sparked her interest and inspired her to try other forms of amateur radio.
A World of Inspiration
Raisa was fortunate to have had great mentors on her journey. Jukka Heikinheimo, OH2BR; Boris Gnusov, UA1DJ/OH5Z, and Alex Sheynis, UA1AJD, helped her explore amateur radio and study for her first license test. Raisa's first operating experience was as a second operator of the OH73ELK station in Finland. The contacts she made and the way the radio worked fascinated her, reinforcing her desire to get her own call sign. Raisa passed her Novice exam in Russia and was issued the call sign UB1AOA. She later upgraded and got her current call sign, R1BIG. Raisa also obtained her
Canadian license so she could operate a remote station there from her home in Russia.
Raisa lives in St. Petersburg, Russia, and experiences the same struggle many hams face: she lives in a 27-story building with plenty of interference. Raisa compares it to a hive of bees constantly buzzing. As a result of this, she likes to operate outdoors when the weather is agreeable, or from friends' shacks when it's too cold. When neither of those options is available, she has the opportunity to work remotely from Canada, thanks to Rob Noakes, VE3PCP.
Videos with a Flair for Education
When Raisa joined YouTube in November 2018, she had no idea how popular her channel would become. The first few videos she posted were about the process of getting licensed, then she jumped right into the contest scene. In her video, "Ham Radio Contest - My First!" (http://tinyurl.com/Raisa-contest ), Raisa heads back to OH73ELK and works with the team there to participate in her first contest. The team racked up 1,000 contacts and Raisa was hooked.
[Raisa-RussianDX.jpg]
Raisa & Anatoly RC9O participating in the Russian DX Contest.
Raisa creates several types of videos for her channel. She films most of them while operating portable, due to her not having a shack in her home. While Raisa's content undergoes editing after filming, she usually includes snippets of her preparing to film, letting viewers see her personality and get a sense of how much fun she's having in the field. One such video is titled "How a YL can set up a portable HF station in the Russian woods" (http://tinyurl.com/2pmucmhy ), we see Raisa quickly explain what gear she's using, then go through the process of getting the antenna in the air. The fact that she's enjoying herself is obvious, as she jokes with us through the camera. To wrap up this video, we get to see Raisa make some contacts with another YL.

In her video "Ham Radio Ladies - how to invite More YL Operators to join Amateur Radio!" (http://tinyurl<http://tinyurl/>. com/Raisa-yl ), Raisa discusses the issue of there being so few women on the air. She lets viewers, especially women and girls, know that the barrier of entry is not difficult. She also explains that amateur radio helps her learn geography and other languages. In one of the few parts of her video that's not in English, Raisa shares some of the contacts she has had with other YLs.

CQ Japan! QSO tutorial in Japanese | YL Haruka JJIROE teachs YL Raisa
Raisa enjoys helping others learn. In a video titled "CQ Japan! QSO tutorial in Japanese | YL Haruka teaches YL Raisa" (http://tinyurl.com/Raisa-Haruka ), Raisa connects with Haruka, JJ1ROE, in Japan to learn some basic Japanese phrases.  Viewers get to see them practicing the pronunciation of common answers to questions that might be asked on the air. Haruka teaches Raisa how to say "Your report is five and nine" in Japanese.
This video ends with getting to know Haruka through a video montage that shows some of her other interests. Raisa's favorite type of video to create is one that has an instructional component to it.

YouTube Content Motivation
Much of Raisa's reason for creating her YouTube chan- nel was due to the realization that there are far fewer women on the air than men. Raisa focuses her efforts on helping other women understand the opportunities  that are available to them in  amateur radio; she is passionate about getting more women and girls interested and engaged in the hobby.
YL Raisa is developing naturally and organically; however, it would be unfair to say that there aren't any struggles. Despite not being a native English speaker, Raisa
 creates all of her content in English. She does this because English is the language of international communication among radio amateurs. However, some of her compatriots criticize her for not using her native language to create content. Raisa spoke very little English when she began creating videos, but she uses her content creation as a means and motivation to continue learning it.

Community Enjoyment
Raisa has many amateur radio dreams and aspirations. She wishes to go on a DXpedition, travel to the US to attend Dayton Hamvention, and meet some of her on-air friends in person. Raisa is usually the only YL in the room when attending club meetings, but has found that members are extremely supportive and willing to help grow the ranks of women and girls in amateur radio.
YL Raisa has built a YouTube following of approximately 15,000 subscribers. You won't see unboxing videos or reviews; instead, Raisa focuses on sharing the joy she gets from being a part of the amateur radio community. If you're looking for a channel where you can watch some feel-good videos about ham radio, YL Raisa is the channel for you.
www.arrl.org<http://www.arrl.org/>  QST March 2024
*****
CONTACT US     yl.beam news:  Editor Eda zs6ye.yl em gmail.com<mailto:zs6ye.yl em gmail.com>
newsletters can be found: https://jbcs.co.za/wp/
It is now published on:- https://wrarc-anode.blogspot.com/
Italian Radio Amateurs Union: QTC U.R.I.
https://www.unionradio.it/qtc-la-rivista-della-unione-radioamatori-italiani/
West of Scotland Amateur Radio Society  https://wosars.club/category/yl-news/

Unsubscribe: If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, please email:  zs6ye.yl em gmail.com<mailto:zs6ye.yl em gmail.com>
****
[Carnation2.jpg]
May 12 Mothers Day - Carnations are the official Mother's Day flower. They symbolise love and gratitude. The connection between carnations and Mother's Day began with Anna Jarvis, the founder of Mother's Day, who honoured her mother with some white carnations.

May 2024
 1 - 31  May SOS Radio Week every year.
May 1  Workers Day
May 6  ALARA AGM 2024 1030 UTC 2024 on EchoLink ALARA Conference Station and
            80 M 3.6325 MHz
May 17-19 Dayton Hamvention
May  17 World Telecommunications WTISD 2024 celebrates the power of digital
              innovation in advancing sustainable development and prosperity for all.
              The first celebration happened on May 17, 2006, recognizing the role of ITU
               in connecting people globally.
May 17 - 19 ""INTERNATIONAL MUSEUM WEEKEND"
May 24  1844 first message sent by Morse code across a long distance
               (Washington, D.C., to Baltimore)
May 25 - 26 WPX CW Contest
May 26 Sally Ride Day

[https://s-install.avcdn.net/ipm/preview/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>  Não contém vírus.www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>